How MANY is One Million?

Psychology of money... money mindset... affluent attitude... readiness for abundance...
I've learned from different mentors and gurus from different books, seminars and workshops the importance of having the right wealth mindset.
I then decided to explore and experiment on these concepts. 

"If you were given 1 million pesos and it needed to be spent today, how would we spend it?" That question was easy.
"What would we do then if we were given 400 million pesos to be spent today?"
There were some reactions of awe, shock and even comments such as
"Hindi ko alam." or
"Ang laki naman niyan.".

That reminded me of other instances that made me think about my psychology of money.

How many is P20,000?
 

Someone asked us, "How much money do you have with you?".
My answer was,
maybe around 5,000 at most...
I have my ATM cards if need be.
But his point was "how much cash do you have with you at a time in your wallet/bag?"
He then told us to have at least P20,000 cash with us everytime.
My initial reaction was,
"Bakit?
Masyadong madami yun ah.
Hindi pa safe.
Hindi secured.
Mas safe sa bank.
Pwede naman mag ATM or debit card.
And even in some cases, pwede rin naman credit card.
Masyadong makapal ang wallet kapag masyadong maraming pera."
He then pointed out that if at the very least we were thinking about the hassle of inconvenience of carrying that amount of money and even having the fear of the danger, then we are hindering our abundance mindset...
In some sense maybe, we're not ready for a bigger amount of wealth.
Great point.

So, how many is P20,000?

In P20 bills, it's 1,000 pieces.
In P1,000 bills, it's 20 pieces.

Yeah, very simple math. But there's a huge significant difference.
 
Both pictures below are P20,000.

















1000 pieces of P20 bills


















20 pieces of P1000 bills


As I started carrying P20,000 it was really inconvenient at first. But after a few weeks, I felt easy and comfortable with it.
Little did I know is that as months passed, my wealth mindset was slowly growing.

And yes, at some time, I carried both sets of P20,000s. I carried both the P1,000 bill bundle and the the P20 bill bundle.


"Have you ever physically touched/held/felt 1 million pesos?".

Click here to see How MANY is One Million

No comments:

Post a Comment